Our approach to architecture blends creativity and context.
99 Madison Avenue, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Phone: 212 481 5900
Fax: 646 568 6097
Montroy DeMarco Architecture is a leading architectural and interior design firm with Fortune 500 clientele. We have a passion for great design and our strength as a firm lies in the dedication of our staff.
To ensure staff well-being we offer competitive pay, full medical and dental coverage, 401K and performance bonuses. If you are interested in working for us, please forward your resume, salary requirements and position of interest to: email@example.com.
At Montroy DeMarco Architecture, we stand for diversity and inclusivity. It’s important for us to create a culture that values its diverse workforce, respects and encourages individuality. For us diversity starts with hiring. Montroy DeMarco Architecture doesn’t hire based on gender, race, color, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We simply hire the individual based on talent and skillset.
Montroy DeMarco Architecture prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. Improper interference with the ability of Montroy DeMarco Architecture’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Junior Job Captain
Montroy DeMarco Architecture LLP (MDA) is seeking a Junior Job Captain with an understanding and background of technical drafting and design. Must have 1 – 3 years of experience working at an architectural firm. Knowledgeable of plans, Construction Drawings, CAD standards and be able to adapt standards to multiple projects. Comfortable modifying existing plans and working with drawing redlines. Maintains required documentation of all projects and drawings generated. The ideal candidate possesses graphic talents and strong AutoCAD ability; Revit and Sketch-up experience a plus. He or she is focused and results-driven, strong time management and organizational skills, have interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to interact effectively with people. Must be able to excel under pressure and meet project deadlines. The Junior Job Captain responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Senior Architects, Designers and Project Managers
- Prepare technical drawings to be used in construction plans for various trades
- Assist in project development from start to finish
- Assist with producing graphic presentations
- Site survey and development of existing conditions
- Attend construction meetings and document proposed changes
- Coordinate with the client, design team, consultants and vendors, as needed
- Ensures compliance with applicable codes, standards, and client requirements
- Valid U.S. work Permit and strong English Language Skills
Qualified applicants must have a Bachelors or Masters degree from accredited architecture program, the ability to multi-task, handle projects concurrently within schedule, work autonomously, as well as within in a team environment, strong attention to detail, able to adapt to different assigned tasks, strong work ethic, and be an effective communicator.
Please email your cover letter, résumé and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Junior Job Captain” in the subject line. No phone calls or drop-ins.
Junior Interior Designer
Montroy DeMarco Architecture LLP (MDA) is expanding our Corporate Interiors team and looking for a professional with 2 – 5 years working experience. Must have familiarity with commercial/corporate interiors in New York City. The candidate needs to possess a sharp eye for interior design and finishes required. Detail-oriented, organized and able to multi-task multiple projects.
The Jr. Interior Designer will assume responsibility for document preparation of projects throughout all phases of projects through completion. The Jr. Interior Designer will work on multiple projects and coordinate the FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings & Equipment) and design with senior staff, clients and outside consultants.
- Experience in all phases of FF&E commercial interiors in NYC
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal direct supervision but ask questions when needed
- Clear and concise verbal & written communication skills
- Coordinate with furniture vendors, dealers, building facilities and clients
- Researching, sourcing, selecting & specifying fabrics, finishes, furniture, lighting, fixtures, etc.
- Prepare preliminary furniture budgets, specifications, coded plans & schedules
- Assist and support senior staff with the full design process, test-fits, presentation materials, finish and furniture selections, supporting CAD documentation
- Assist Sr. Designer with the selection, budgeting, bid leveling and final review of finishes & furniture on related projects
- Assist with site verifications, field surveys and punchlists
- Provide support in the production of drawing sets, brand specifications and design development task
- Track and coordinate furniture orders & delivery, schedules & budgets with construction
- Review, markup & issue furniture dealers formal proposals
- Organize and manage internal material/product library; update vendor contact database
- Schedule vendor presentations, meet and greets, showroom tours
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop and Revit required, Rendering experience is preferred but not required.
- Valid U.S. work permit and strong English Language Skills
Qualified applicants must have a Professional Degree in Architecture or B.S. in Architecture or B.F.A. in Interior Design from accredited architecture program, the ability to multi-task, handle projects concurrently within schedule, work autonomously, as well as within in a team environment, strong attention to detail, able to adapt to different assigned tasks, strong work ethic, and be an effective communicator.
Email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio in PDF format (5 MD max) to email@example.com. Please include “Jr. Interior Designer” in the subject line. No phone calls or drop-ins please.